Safety glass is glass with additional safety features that make it less likely to break, or less likely to pose a threat when broken. Common designs include toughened glass (also known as tempered glass) ,Heat Strengthened, annealed and laminated glass.
These approaches can easily be combined, allowing for the creation of glass that is at the same time containing toughened , heat strengthened ,annealed and laminated.
R & B LAMI - Safety glass is perfect for any residential or commercial project. From entrance doors and glass floors, to aquariums and display cases, laminated glass is the perfect safety solution. Two or more panes of glass are bonded together by a durable plastic interlayer, which enables the glass to strongly resist penetration by impacting objects. However, if it should break, the glass will tend to remain in its frame, minimizing the risk of injury from sharp edges and flying or falling glass particles.
R & B Lami Safety glass is a high technology glass made of two glass sheets laminated with a EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate)/PVB (Poly Venyl Butyral) interlayer of various thicknesses i.e 0.38 mm, 0.76 mm, 1.14 mm, 1.52 mm etc.
R & B LAMI Safety Glass has the following advantages:
- No grill required over windows & still burglar resistant.
- It's strength & clarity enables architects & builders to use it for obstruction free viewing along with a very high level of security.
- Reduced maintenance cost.
- It has UV filtration qualities & hence delays fading of curtains, fabrics and displayed articles.
- Highly recommended for overhead & underfoot glazing.
- It reduces sound transmission & is best for acoustics.