Fabric Laminated Glass
Fabric laminated glass is a laminated glass product with beautiful fabrics encapsulated inside. The range has been carefully chosen, selecting exclusive fabrics from the KBOND a collection, which includes award winning fabric designs.
Fabric laminates give you the opportunity to capture a variety of rich fabrics between protective glass layers. Using regular woven cloth, delicately constructed textiles or printed fabrics combines the beauty, colour & texture of the fabric with the structural strength & practicality of glass you can capture the colour & texture of the fabric with the strength & simplicity of glass.
We can provide large structural glass panels up to 2140 mm x 3350 mm, depending on the fabric.
- Fabric laminated glass is used to create a dramatic feature in interior applications such as partitions, screens, doors, and furniture. When combined with either a back-painted glass or mirrored glass, the overall effect is stunning and is an inspired solution for wall cladding, or other cladding applications.
- Handling and Installation - Since the fabrics and mesh are encapsulated inside the laminated glass, the glass can be handled and installed in the same way as standard laminated glass. The range is tested for use in interior applications. For humid environments, such as bathrooms, please discuss your requirements with us. Some products in the range are suitable for humid environments.
There are many benefits of using Fabric Laminated glass
- A wide range of fabrics, offering beauty and sophistication.
- Using extra-clear glass as the base substrate allows the refinement of the fabrics to be preserved.
- Different fabrics, when used in partition or screen applications, allow different levels of light transmission and vision control.
- Stunning combinations can be created for cladding applications, using fabrics with back-painted or mirrored glass.
- The fabrics are encapsulated between panes of glass, ensuring they are protected and allowing easy cleaning of the surfaces.
- The encapsulated fabrics are protected from UV thanks to the interlayers used during lamination.
To allow the colours of the fabrics to shine through we recommend the use of extra-clear low iron glass. For some applications, Fabric Laminated glass can also be combined with back-painted glass or mirrored glass to create stunning effects.
- Maximum -2140 mm X 3350 mm
- Minimum -300mm x 300mm
Inner layer Thickness
- 0.25 mm
- 0.38 mm
- 0.76 mm
- 1.14 mm
- 1.52 mm
Processing and edge-work - Depending on the substrate, the glass can also be heat-strengthened, or toughened. The edges of the glass are finished after lamination, except in the case of toughened laminated configurations.
Due to the nature of the encapsulated products, it is important to note the following points:
- Depending on the fabric, variations may occur within the pattern itself.
- Partly as a result of this, alignment of the pattern with the edge of the glass may vary slightly.
- Fabrics may have small imperfections within them.
- Due to the texture of the fabrics, small bubbles may be visible within the interlayers.
These points are not cause for rejection of the fabric Laminated product.